This class is designed for a small group and it is mostly closed for anyone new to join as I want to keep it small and intimate – we have formed a lovely group of people who became friends outside the class and everyone supports and encourages each other. If you think you may want to join such a class please email me so I can keep you informed when I open a new class.
The class runs over a 6 weeks term in which we we focus to improve mobility, stability and strength using gentle but yet challenging exercises with modifications to suit your specific limitations. The class pace is slower and each exercise is explained, demonstrated and will be performed with care, mindfulness and precision using the Pilates technique as Joseph Pilates meant it.
- We will focus on each segment in our structure and learn how it effects the rest of the joints and what we should do to avoid injuries.
- We will improve our core strength in order to support our structure and achieve safe movement.
- We will focus on deliberate movement and proper form during exercises.
- We will work to improve our thoracic/upper spine mobilisation which will improve our breathing mechanics and balance our blood pressure.
- We will do general stretches but also will focus on specific muscles that need further attention and release.
- We aim to correct/improve our muscle imbalance and postural distortion.
- We aim to eliminate/reduce our movement impairments.